NO. 12 ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS FORD MUSTANG
DRIVER: SAM HORNISH JR.
• FIRST HALF NOTICE: Now into the second half of the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series season, Hornish and the Alliance Truck Parts team have served noticed that they are legitimate contenders for the series title. Hornish begins this weekend just five points behind Regan Smith in the championship chase.
• SECOND HALF STRENGTH: Hornish is confident with the team's experience and ongoing development that the second half of the season will be even better than the first.
• TESTING TESTING: The No. 12 Penske Ford team remains focused as they continue to work to improve its program. The team will be testing at Toledo Speedway on Monday and Tuesday following this weekend's race.
• TWO IN A ROW: Primary sponsor Alliance Truck Parts will be featured on the Penske Ford Mustang for the second consecutive week.
• ABOVE AVERAGE AVERAGE: In his three previous NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Chicagoland Speedway Hornish has three top-10 results with a 6.3 average finishing position and a 4.7 average starting spot.
• EARLY TO MARKET: Hornish arrived in the windy city a few days prior to this weekend's on track action to visit the SKF facility in Elgin, Ill. He's also making time to take his daughters to the American Girl store in Chicago for a little shopping.
SAM HORNISH, JR. NO. 12 ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS FORD
HOW DO YOU FEEL HEADING INTO CHICAGO AND THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON?
"I feel good going into Chicago. We have had fast Ford Mustangs everywhere that we've raced, and our intermediate track program is solid. We've put a lot of effort into improving our mile and half performance and we are looking forward to this weekend. I am confident and hopeful about the second half of the season. The Alliance Truck Parts team and I have built a strong foundation over the first half of the year. We will take it one race at a time and give our absolute best to accomplish what we've set out to do."
GREG ERWIN, CREW CHIEF, NO. 12 ALLIANCE TRUCK PARTS FORD.
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS HEADING TO CHICAGOLAND?
"I'm excited about this race. We have been working closely with the No. 22 team to improve our intermediate track performance. We have identified a few things that we believe are promising. I think we are in an ideal place looking forward, and the Alliance Truck Parts Mustang will be a strong contender this weekend."
NO. 22 HERTZ FOR MUSTANG
DRIVER: JOEY LOGANO
• FAMILIAR TERRITORY: With a total of 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) wins under his belt, Logano arrives at Chicagoland Speedway familiar with how to get to Victory Lane. Having won in 2009 after staying out on track during a late-race caution, Logano was able to hold off former teammate Kyle Busch for the final 10 laps. He also was able to capture the pole for the 2012 NNS race at Chicagoland Speedway.
• ALONE CUP DRIVER: While most full time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) drivers are enjoying the very rare off weekend, Logano will stay on track behind the wheel of the No. 22 Hertz Ford Mustang. This will be his eighth start of the NNS 2013 with Penske Racing.
• SECOND CITY STANDINGS: The No. 22 Penske Racing NNS entry currently sits second in Owner's Points. Hoping to bring Roger Penske his first NNS Owner's Championship, Logano hopes to cut into the 51-point gap to Joe Gibbs Racing this weekend.
• DISNEY DRIVER: Logano will be part of the Disney XD's sports-themed "Monday Night Overdrive" as he will guest star on the comedy series "Lab Rats." The episode will air Monday, July 22 at 9pm ET on Disney XD.
JOEY LOGANO, NO. 22 HERTZ FORD
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO NOTCH ANOTHER WIN AT CHICAGO THIS WEEKEND?
"I'm ready to get back in the Nationwide Hertz Ford Mustang this weekend at Chicagoland. Chicago has been a really good track for me on the Nationwide side. I've got one win and one pole so that's a pretty good track record. I like the mile and half tracks. While they are different, the intermediate tracks all share similarities too. We've always been pretty good as these tracks. Kentucky, Kansas and Chicago have been three really good tracks for me in my Nationwide Series career and I've won at all three, so that goes to show you we've always been strong on the 1.5-mile tracks. This No. 22 team has been strong all year and I think we have shot to win again this weekend."