Blue Jeans Go Green 200 Presented By Cotton, The Fabric of Our Lives at Phoenix International Raceway (1-mile oval, Avondale, Ariz.)
Saturday, March 1, 4:00 pm ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang
Driver: Brad Keselowski
THE NEWS AND NOTES
· TOO MANY SECONDS MAKE IT TIME TO WIN:
Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) is a track where Keselowski has earned multiple second-place finishes including three in the last five races. After finishing second at last Saturday’s race at Daytona, the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series Champion is ready to win this weekend.
· DISCOUNT TIRE SHOOTING STAR: Keselowski will kick-off this weekend with a Discount Tire video shoot at a Scottsdale area ranch. He and his Team Penske teammates Joey Logano and Ryan Blaney will be filming a Western-themed commercial Thursday afternoon.
· HIGH-STYLE PERCENTILE: In 14 NNS starts at PIR, Keselowski has seven top-five finishes. In 206 career NNS starts, Keselowski has 95 top-five finishes which translates into a 46-percent rate of top-five finishes.
· TWEET UP SUNRISE: Keselowski will participate in a tweet-up at PIR near the Gate 2 entrance at 9:15 a.m. Sunday morning. The tweet-up will be hosted by Jeff Gluck of USA Today.
· TEAM TO BEAT CONTINUES STRONG RYTHYM:
The No. 22 Discount Tire Ford, the defending NASCAR Nationwide Series Owners’’ Champions, season with a strong second-place finish at Daytona. In doing so they serve notice that Team Penske will once again run at the front this year.
THE Q & A
BRAD KESELOWSKI, NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD
YOU RACE VERY WELL AT PHOENIX. WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS PLACE?
“The Team Penske Nationwide Series program is top-notch. They have consistently given me cars that are capable of running up front and this weekend should be more of the same. Our Ford Mustangs and this Discount Tire team showed what they’re capable of last weekend at Daytona. Our Team Penske Ford had speed and our pit crew gave me great stops. Phoenix is a track that most drivers enjoy as it allows us to push ourselves and our cars.”
JEREMY BULLINS, CREW CHIEF, NO. 22 DISCOUNT TIRE FORD MUSTANG
THE TEAM HAD GREAT START TO THE SEASON AT DAYTONA; WILL THAT CARRY OVER TO PHOENIX?
“We look forward to taking the Discount Tire Mustang to Phoenix every time we see it on the schedule. Not only are we in the backyard of Discount Tire, but we’ve also ran pretty well there with a couple of second place finishes in the last couple of years. We’re just looking for that little bit extra to get this car back in Victory Lane again. We’ve been close and we feel like we have a good baseline. If we’ve made the gains we think we have, we hope to take that next step.”