No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger
5-Hour Energy 200
Dover International Speedway
Saturday, June 2, 2012
TV: ESPN at 1:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Parker Kligerman and the Penske Racing Snap-on Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-210 during Saturday’s 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway. This will be the first race for this new chassis, but it has been the backup car at Iowa Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• The No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger in 2012... Following 10 points-paying events, the No. 22 Snap-on Dodge team sits sixth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following Brad Keselowski’s victory at Charlotte last weekend.
• Kligerman in 2012… This will be Parker Kligerman’s second NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start of 2012. The Westport, Conn. native finished eighth at Iowa Speedway two weeks ago. Kligerman is also competing as a full season driver in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) behind the wheel of the No. 29 Cooper Standard/Cequent Ram for Brad Keselowski Racing where he currently sits fifth in the series point standings after five races.
• First-Time Winner… After qualifying the No. 22 Dodge in the 10th position, Keselowski was able to stretch his last tank of fuel over the final 73 laps to give Jeremy Bullins his first career victory as a crew chief. The win was also the 18th of Keselowski’s NNS career.
• Approaching 100… With Keselowski’s win last weekend at Charlotte, Penske Racing now has 97 total NASCAR wins, 24 of those coming in NNS competition.
• Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
• Follow Parker on Twitter… Fans can follow Kligerman on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/pkligerman. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date with the latest news for the Penske Racing driver.
Parker Kligerman on getting back in the No. 22 Dodge at one of his favorite tracks
“Dover is a place that I took to like a duck to water in my only truck series start there. For whatever reason, the track just suits my driving style. You have to be aggressive at times and I like that. We were fast right off the truck there last year and I had one of my best races that weekend. I hope to use that experience this weekend as we look to continue the momentum this No. 22 team has after Brad’s (Keselowski) win at Charlotte. I think we had a great run out at Iowa Speedway in my first start of the year and we have a lot that we can build on from it. You can just sense that everyone on this team is pumped and excited about the direction we are moving.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on this weekend’s race at Dover
“It feels great to head into a race weekend as the most-recent series winner. We’ve been close a lot this year. The speed has been there and we were finally able to close the deal. This is why I came to Penske Racing. I get the opportunity to lead a great group of guys and contend for wins. The Discount Tire team is looking forward to another opportunity to work with Parker Kligerman again this week at the Monster Mile in Dover. Parker has had some good runs there for Brad Keselowski Racing in the Camping World Truck Series. We want to build on that with another solid run this week. With just a slight improvement over our run at Iowa with Parker the weekend could easily produce another top 5.”