Will Power Pole Winning Notes - St. Petersburg
March 11, 2017
NO. 12 VERIZON
TEAM PENSKE DALLARA/CHEVROLET
FIRESTONE GRAND PRIX OF ST. PETERSBURG
STREETS OF ST. PETERSBURG
MARCH 11, 2017
WINNING POLE NOTES
- - Will Power won the pole for Sunday's Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, the season opener for the Verizon IndyCar Series.
- - This is Power's first Verizon P1 Pole Award of the 2017 season.
- - The pole is the 45th of his INDYCAR career (6 CC/39 IRL/IC), placing him fifth on the all-time poles lists. He is two away from tying his Team Penske teammate, Helio Castroneves, for fourth all-time.
- - 39 of those career poles have come as a Team Penske driver.
- - It is Power's seventh-pole Verizon P1 Pole Award at St. Pete with all of them coming in the last eight events at the Florida track.
- - 2014 was the only time in the last eight years that Power hasn't earned the top starting spot. That season he started fourth and finished first.
- - This is the eighth pole for Team Penske at St. Pete (Power – 7, Castroneves – 1)
- - Team Penske has won 12 of 16 poles during the course of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
- - Team Penske won both the Verizon IndyCar Series pole and the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series with Brad Keselowski topping the charts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- - This is the 246th Verizon IndyCar Series pole win in the history of Team Penske and the 507th pole for the organization overall.